Friday, March 20, 2009

The start of this blog..

So to start out I guess I should update everyone on what has been going on since we last wrote family letter.....months ago! Ezekiel James Morgan was born dec 17, 2008 at 7:42 pm. He weighed 10lbs and was 21 3/4 inches long. He had a lot of hair, but not as much as Gabe had. We moved out of our SMALLLLL townhouse into a beautiful home that is just the right size. Gabe has a WONDERFUL backyard to play in, and I can't wait till summer comes and we can have BBQ's with friends.

Aaron is still active duty Navy stationed at Ft. Meade in Maryland. He will be active duty until October of this year when he gets out! Still deciding what to do from there. There are a few options we are weighing out right now.

Me, Erin, is enjoying being a stay at home mom. Sometimes I miss work, but only for a passing moment:) I have made some great friends that I spend a lot of my time with . Which is helping me a lot. It was hard a few months back when I didn't really have any friends that lived close to me. I managed and thought I was ok being alone, but now that I have people, I realize I wasn't ok with it. I just made myself be ok with it.

Gabriel was going to preschool until the other day when Aaron and I took him out. There was some things going on that we didn't agree with and decided he was better off at home with me. So, yesterday was our first day of "home school" preschool. We had fun. I will get to that in minute:) He enjoys playing outside, watching Tv*of course*, video games, and reading with me and Aaron.

Ezekiel is just a blessing to have around. What a good baby he is, just like Gabe was. He hardly ever cries and is basically sleeping through the night, waking up maybe twice, but usually once. He is starting to smile ALL THE TIME! And he is TYRING to laugh but he just can't get the noise out. Although, he did giggle in his sleep the other night. He is such a BIG boy though. He has already changed so much, not only in obvious growth, but his features are changing as well.

So, with all that said I can get into the "blogging" part.

Yesterday was our first day of "home school" preschool. And we did ALOT. We went on a nature walk and were gone for about 2 hours. We had so much fun and found so many interesting things. Lots of birds and leaves. Then after Aaron got home Gabe took his FIRST trip to the library! He got his own library card and he was SOOOO excited. I was SOOOO excited to! We had so much fun. He got a few books, and a few DVDS. We are going to go back this morning before we meet the girls for a walk around the mall.

That brings me to another point, Gabe , Zeke, and I are going to be going walkign everyday outside when it is nice, and at the mall when it is not so nice. I am hoping it will do 2 things, 1. help me loose Zeke weight and 2. help Gabe to be able to walk for periods of time for 2 reasons walking to school in Sep. when he starts Kindergarten, and walking when we take him to Disneyworld for his birthday!

Yes, we are taking Gabe to Disney for his birthday. We will be leaving here and driving down, May 26th and comming back June 1. We are NOT telling him we are going. We are just going to wake him up, put him in the car and go. We are so excited about this!

So now that everyone is caught up, and I blogged for the morning, I am going to go get everyone ready for the day!

4 comments:

  1. Coooool : ) Thanks for the info, though I think I knew some of it already. In any case, very cool. : - D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog!!! I do homeschool preschool with Anya. If you need any help for resources let me know- I know some really good sites for curriculum. Yes I know Gabe is a year older then Anya (Bridgette's age) but the curriculum could easily be changed to make up for the age difference. Actually I have Anya on a fairly advanced one for a 3 year old. It's kind of semi formal this year, and will be more formal next year. We sure miss you all- I love to see the photos of your growing family. And I love you! You are so fabulous Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! you have a blog.....I am so excited.....do you have Katherines blog address? Oh I can't wait to read more and more....because it's not enough that I see you almost on a daily basis.....I just love to read about your awesome family too!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You were fast updating your blog. I can't wait to read more posts in the future. Let me know when you walk and I'll try to go with you. I love getting out when the weather's nice, but it's more fun with a friend.

    ReplyDelete